Advisor and Advisee Responsibilities
Advisors assist students in course selection and help them navigate through their 大学时代. Prior to registration, an 建议 hold is placed on all student accounts. It is necessary for students to see their assigned advisor to have the 建议 hold 解除. It is recommended you meet with 你的顾问 prior to your priority registration date, assigned each semester by the 注册商 (see the Registration Guides in the left-hand navigation pane).
All degree-seeking students at 澳门银银河官方手机版下载 are assigned at least one 学术 advisor. To view 你的顾问(s), go to TopNet. Click on Student Services, then Registration, and View Advisor Information to see 你的顾问's name and contact information. If you don't have an advisor listed, 电子邮件 学术.建议@iconixbiosciences.com 或致电(270)745-5065. To see instructions on how to schedule an appointment with 你的顾问 through TopNet, go 在这里. If 你的顾问 does not use the 建议 Calendar, contact 你的顾问 through the phone number or 电子邮件 listed on the View Advisor Information page.
What Your Advisor Will Expect from You
1. Initiate contact with 你的顾问 during his/her office hours, by telephone, or 电子邮件.
2. Arrive at appointments on time (with your cell phone turned off) and cancel appointments 如果你不能来.
3. Talk to 你的顾问 if you are concerned about any aspect of your university experience.
4. Discuss important decisions or questions about your education (e.g.，选择 major, change of major, change of college) well before the registration period.
5. Come prepared for appointments. Review your degree requirements. 带一份清单 课程, course sections, alternative course 选择, and the meeting times of these 课程. Make sure any holds are 解除 (e.g., parking tickets paid, library fines paid before your date to register).
7. Follow through on referrals made by 你的顾问 and discuss suggestions made by 你的顾问.
8. After talking to 你的顾问 register for the classes you discussed.
What You Can Expect from Your Advisor
1. Availability during office hours and the opportunity for individual appointments.
2. 援助 in helping you to find 学术 information, including information on majors, minors, general education requirements, and other 学术 policies, procedures, 和最后期限.
3. Referrals to appropriate people and offices if 你的顾问 cannot provide the 必要的协助.
4. A meeting to discuss grades and recommendations for 学术 improvement, if appropriate.
5. A meeting each semester before the registration period to help with course selection and 学术 planning to approve your 学术 schedule for the next term.援助 in specific and correct course 选择 that are needed to prepare students for the 特别的重要.
6. 援助 in understanding the purposes of 学术 requirements and their relationship to a major and career plan.
7. 援助 in helping you to learn how to make 学术 decisions, how to discover the range of options available to you, and how to think through the consequences of 选择.
Please take the time to research the 学术 program of your choice. 请参阅 澳门银银河官方手机版下载 本科目录 for this information and use TopNet or 毅联汇业 (beginning freshmen and transfers who entered 澳门银银河官方手机版下载 in fall 2005 and after may use 毅联汇业) to monitor your progress toward the completion of your degree requirements.
After seeking help from your own advisor, students are welcome to visit 建议 and Career Development Center, DSU 2141, (270) 745-5065 or 电子邮件: 学术.建议@iconixbiosciences.com with any unanswered 建议 questions.